Friday, December 3, 2010

SEE THIS (Week 5)

SEE THIS:



LEVEL 1

Look, hear, at this wonderful story:

If I buy this product, I will be happy. I will be strong. I will be handsome. I will be valiant. I will be a man.

And as that man I will most certainly find a desirable wife, whom will love me for those reasons. I will be King.

LEVEL 2
Look at this wonderful story:

If I smell a certain way, if I mask or mix my musk with this elixir, I will be accepted, I will be loved, I will be worthy of the touch of a gorgeous dame.

LEVEL 3

Look at thing wonderful story:

I am being coaxed in to believing that if I buy this product, that I don't REALLY NEED, I will fit into that unattainable archetype, one comprised of machismo and misogyny.

LEVEL 4

Look, wonderful story:

You smell. You, human, smell. That is not good, you must not smell. This man here, he smells better than you. You will never be him if you don't stop being smelly.

LEVEL 5

Look at story:

While you are distracted into focusing on this trivial dilemma of brand loyalty, and served a single ideal of beauty, that you will most likely never fulfill, 'cause you can't, you do not SEE that you are a consumer-slave, subject to a corporate mechanism. A worker, a cog, subhuman.

No comments:

Post a Comment